November 19, 2009


By Andrew at 11:21 PM
I had a lot of fun this week scripting an installation batch script for the renderfarm.  Basically, Bob helped me to break down each of the tasks required to install the MentalRay client, set up the RenderPal client, configure environment variables, and other related settings.  I decided to use DOS batch scripting, primarily since that is what I know and am comfortable with programming in right now.  I got the main tasks outlined, but I have yet to finish the last several settings and actually test the script.
This week, I believe that I am going to look at user restrictions, account setup, and time/resource management.  Also, depending on some initial troubles I have had with rendering projects, I may have to troubleshoot some of the sleeping renderfarm issues, or possibly some of the render client output issues.
3 hours

Comments »

There are currently no comments on this post.

Add to the Conversation